Payday Loan Claims
Payday Loan Claims Solicitors
Payday Loans – is so-called because they can help to relieve a financial shortfall until the next paycheque arrives, can be a useful facility in guarding against debt. However, they are closely regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and some lenders fall foul of the rules – especially when it comes to the levels of interest that are charged. This is sometimes known as High-Cost Short-term Credit – or HCSTC.
If a lender does not follow the FCA rules, then you may be eligible to make a complaint, and this could mean that you are entitled to significant compensation. Our team of experts at R&A Solicitors can help you with claiming the compensation you deserve.
Identifying the Mis-sold Payday Loan
You may have been mis-sold a Payday Loan if
- Your Lender continuously rolled your loan over with or without asking you for permission
- You lender failed to do affordability check to confirm if the loan was credited to you every time
- You could not afford the repayments
- The Payday Loan Company did not address your concerns rightly
Even if your lender only rolled your loan over for a shorter period or a longer period, lenders should mandatorily ensure to do a proper affordability check to ensure that the loan is right for you and that you can afford for repayment. The affordability check should be done every time the lender rolled your loan.
Why choose us?
You could claim for compensation and refund if
- You were encouraged by the Payday loan lender to ‘rollover’ a payday loan that resulted in higher fees.
- You end up borrowing more loans to pay the regular bills such as utilities or rent or repay the old payday loan.
- You have difficulty paying your monthly living bills due to Payday loan costs.
- Repayments were being automatically taken from your bank account or credit card by Payday loan lender and you were left with no money for your bills and other basic needs.
- You were suffering from illness along with lower income or no income when a payday loan was offered to you.
You are eligible for a refund if
- You have not taken out a payday loan in the last 6 years
- You have not rolled the loan from month to month
- You have not multiplied payday loans at the same time
Charges That Can Be Reclaimed are
You may include the below charges in your claim –
- Interest Charged
- Late Fees
- Roll Over Fees
- Payment Fees
How are payday loan claims can assist you –
After checking your credit report to determine potential claims, we will assess whether you were mis-sold your Payday Loans. We will also check your report for each lender you might have taken payday loans from in a certain period.
Then we initiate the communication with these payday lenders to recover the money due on your behalf. If your claim is not successful, you would not be charged a penny.
As it is often a difficult time financially for you, we are always willing to consider taking a case on a no win no fee basis.
R & A Solicitors
Contact Our Payday Loan Claims
Get in touch with our payday loan claims solicitors – completely without obligation, and we will help you assess your situation and help you accordingly.