Spouse Visa Solicitors

Spouse Visa Solicitors

A Spouse Visa or the UK Marriage Visa permits married couples to settle in the UK. Spouse Visa is available to a non-EU citizen to come to stay with the spouse in the UK. The spouse has to be a British citizen and should hold Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK or should hold a permanent right of residence.


The Requirement to Apply for a Spouse Visa

To submit a Spouse Visa application, both you and your partner should meet the following requirements:

  • You and your spouse need to be 18 years old or over
  • The spouse should be a British citizen and have settled in the UK
  • You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after the application is submitted
  • You must have enough money to support yourselves and the dependents without recourse to public funds
  • Your sponsoring partner must earn a minimum threshold of £18,600 per year or have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. The minimum income requirement is in case they are sponsoring the dependent children as well
  • You must have adequate accommodation for you and your dependents
  • You must satisfy the English language speaking and understanding to the required level

Length of Stay and Right to Work on the UK Spouse Visa 

Your length of stay depends on whether or not it was issued inside or outside the UK.

  • If a Spouse Visa is issued while you were in the UK, either residing or on a visiting visa, it will be issued for 30 months.
  • If it was issued outside the UK, the term of visa is 33 months, after which you can apply for Spouse Visa extension to take your total time in the UK for up to 5 years.
  • Once you have completed 5 years on a Spouse Visa, you may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

 There are no work and study restrictions on the UK Spouse Visa. 


Application Procedure for the Spouse Visa

If you wish to apply for Spouse Visa, talk to our Spouse Visa solicitors who will counsel you on your position and the requirements to meet the application. We will also assist you in completing the forms and collate the documentation needed to be submitted for a successful spouse visa application.

 If you are already in the UK with a Student Visa, you may be able to switch to a Spouse Visa, as long as you and your spouse meet all other eligibility requirements. We also assist foreign national spouses in relocating and settle with their partners in the UK. 

 We will help you with the expert advice on the requirements of the Immigration Rules and independent assessment of your prospects of qualifying for a spouse visa.

 The financial rules include mandatory requirements. Relevant documentation as evidence must be submitted to UK Visas and Immigration to demonstrate access to relevant funds. Our marriage immigration lawyers are specialized in assisting applicants with complicated financial rules and ensure to secure successful outcomes in their Spouse Visa application.

 Please contact our marriage immigration lawyer to find out more about immigration to the UK.

 The spouse visa application process may take between two to twelve weeks. We will ensure to keep a track of the process and status of the application for you and answer any questions the UK Border Agency may ask on your behalf.

R & A Solicitors

Contact Our Lawyers Today

To talk to one of our spouse visa lawyers regarding the application for a family or spouse visa.