EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme

The EU Settlement Scheme provides a base for UK resident such as an EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members who are EU or non-EU nationals to apply for the UK immigration status. It helps them to be able to continue living and working in the UK beyond the Brexit implementation period or at the end of the transition period on 31st December 2020. 

The EU Settlement Scheme also allows the EU nationals and their dependents to continue using the NHS services, entitlement to the public funds, and state pensions. It will also allow the EU national and their dependents to be eligible for Naturalisation as a British Citizen after having been granted settled status in the UK.

To apply for the EU Settlement Scheme, you and your dependents must have been residing in the UK for 5 years or more. You will be entitled to apply for the ‘Settled Status’ in the UK, and once you receive the settled status, there is no duration for the time you may remain the UK-post-Brexit.

 And in case you have not lived in the UK for a minimum of 5 years by the end of the implementation period, 31st December 2020, you need to apply for ‘pre-settled status’. The pre-settled status will allow you and your dependents to continue living in the UK. It will allow you to continue exercising all the existing rights. When you have completed the 5 years under pre-settled status, you will be entitled to apply for settled status in the UK.

The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021, which is six months after the end of the transition period.

Criteria to Apply for EU Settlement Scheme 

You can apply for EU Settlement Scheme if

  • You are from the outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or you are a close family member of the EEA national
  • When you are joining an EEA national – who is already in the UK or will be traveling with you to the UK. The EEA national must accompany you within 6 months from the date of the application, and they must have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
  • And if you are not a close family member of the EEA national you must submit your application under the EEA Family Permit. accompanying 


Supporting Documents Required for an Application

The documents that you will have to provide to support your application will be:

  • Valid passport
  • Proof of the relationship with the EEA national
  • Proof of dependency, if applicable 

 Our immigration solicitors deal primarily with EEA and EU immigration applications and help the EEA nationals to join their EEA family members in the UK.

R & A Solicitors

Contact Our Lawyers Today

The lawyers at RA solicitors are bespoke, experienced, and will guide you regarding your eligibility for application for EEA Family Permit or EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.

Our EU settlement scheme – family permit Solicitors will help you to collate the relevant documentation and apply for EU settled status.